RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2022 RSMSSB Librarian Grade III Syllabus and Exam Structure 2022 – 2023 Check Rajasthan RSMSSB Librarian Exam Pattern 2022. No. 06/2022 RSMSSB Librarian Selection Process How to prepare for RSMSSB Librarian
RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus 2022
Advertisement No: 06/2022
about RSMSSB Librarian Recruitment:
Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) has recently announced about the recruitment of 450 posts Of the librarian Many interested and eligible candidates filled there online application form. Online application submission process is start from 26.05.2022 and last date for online application form submission is 24.06.2022. Here candidates can check the detailed recruitment from the link given below……
about Rajasthan Librarian Grade III test :-
All the candidates filled there online application form and now they are waiting for there exam. Soon the exam will be held on September 2022, The exam will be of written type. More details about the exam are given below.
As we know, the level of examination is becoming increasingly clear. So, the candidate must prepare better to qualify the exam. Here we are providing the prescribed pattern of RSMSSB exam along with the detailed syllabus.
Rajasthan Librarian Grade III Exam Pattern:-
The exam paper will have two parts. More information is as follows.
|Part A – General Knowledge||100|
|PART B – BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE AND COMPUTER||200|
- The question paper will be of objective type with multiple choice of answers.
- total exam will be 300 marks,
- The minimum qualifying marks in the exam is 40%. Those candidates who will not be able to secure the minimum marks will not be eligible.
- The time duration for the exam is 03:00 hours.
- There is also negative marking of 1/3 mark for each wrong answer.
RRajasthan Librarian Grade III Exam Syllabus:-
The RSMSSB Librarian Exam Syllabus is as follows:-
Part A , Common Sense
- Main source of history of Rajasthan
- Major Prehistoric Civilizations of Rajasthan.
- Major dynasties and their achievements.
- Mughal-Rajput relations.
- Main features of the architecture.
- Important forts, monuments and structures.
- Religious Movements and Folk Gods and Goddesses of Rajasthan.
- Main handicrafts, painting, styles of Rajasthan.
- Works of Rajasthani language literature Major regional languages.
- Fair, Festival, Folk Music, Folk Dance, Musical Instrument, Jewelry.
- Rajasthani Culture, Tradition and Heritage.
- Important Historical Tourist Palace.
- Prominent personalities of Rajasthan.
- The Princely States of Rajasthan and the British Treaties, the People’s Movement of 1857
- Peasant and mass revolution movement, and movement Prajamandal.
- An integral part of Rajasthan.
- Political awareness of Rajasthan.
Geography of Rajasthan
- position and extent.
- Main physical divisions – desert region, Aravalli mountain region, Vimana.
- drainage system.
- natural vegetation.
- Forest and wildlife conservation.
- Environmental and ecological issues.
- Agro-climate and major crops.
- Multipurpose Projects.
- Irrigation Projects.
- water conservation
Part B:, Basic knowledge of library and information science and computer
Foundations of Library and Information Science
Library, Concept of Information and Society, Information Society, Library as a Social Institution, Types of Libraries: Academic, Special and Public, National Library of India, Five Laws of Library Science and their Implications, Concept of Information Literacy, in India Library Movement, Library Law, Library Act in India, Intellectual Property Rights and Law, Censorship, Extension Activities and Public Relations Functions, Role and Activities of ILA, IFLA and UNESCO and RRRLF, Library Resource Sharing.
Library Classification and Cataloging
Definition, need, purpose and function, notation: types and properties, salient features of colon classification and Dewey decimal classification schemes, principles of auxiliary sequence, general aspects of common isolates/standard subdivisions, tools used in CC and DDC , Steps in Practical Classification, Library Cataloging: Definition, Need, Purpose and Functions, History of Classified Catalog Codes and Anglo American Cataloging Rules, Types of Entries: Main Entry and Additional Entries of Classified Catalog Codes, Types of Catalogs: Classifieds and Dictionaries, Forms of physical and internal catalogues, cataloging and chain process, OPEC.
Library Organization and Management
General and Scientific Principles of Management and their Implications for Library Administration, Functions of Administration, Sections of the Library: Acquisition Section-Book Selection, Process and Accession, Technical Processing Section (Classification and Cataloging of Books), Periodical Section, Circulation Section: Newark and Brown, Maintenance: open access systems, care and repair (binding) of books and periodicals, stock correction and verification, library performance, library rules, library statistics, budget.
Reference Services and Information Sources
Reference and information services: need and purpose, ready reference service, long distance reference service, initiatives, reference service in school and public library, organization of reference department, merits of a reference library, CAS and SDI, information sources: need and types : primary, secondary and tertiary.
Computer – Characteristics, Uses and Types of Computers, Introduction to Computer Generation and Computer Architecture: Hardware, Input and Output Devices, Software: Requirement, Purpose and Types, Operating System, Library Software: Proprietary, Open Source Software, Role of Library Automation, Internet access in libraries, Electronic resources: e-books, e-journals, databases
last word ,
Candidates are advised to stay connected with our website and RSMSSB website for more updates on RSMSSB Exam Date & Admit Card. Candidates keep visiting this page and our website world Wide Web. jobriya.in For the latest updates on the exam.
Important link area of RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus:-
Candidates can write their queries related to RSMSSB Librarian Syllabus & Exam Pattern in the comment box. We will try to assist you to the best of our knowledge..