MHA- Ministry of Home Affairs
Intelligence Bureau IB ACIO Gr-|| Executive Exam Vacancies 2020
- General / OBC / EWS : Rs. 600/-
- SC / ST EXSM Candidates : Rs . 500/-
- All Female Candidates : Rs . 500/-
- Payment Mode : Pay the Exam Fee Through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking Fee Mode.
- Online Application Start : 19 December 2020
- Registration Last Date : 09 January 2021
- Fee Payment Online Last Date : 09 January 2021
- Fee Payment Offline Last Date : 12 January 2021
- Exam Date : 18-20 February 2021
- Admit Card Available : 15 February 2021
Age Limit as on 09-01-2021
- Minimum Age : 18 Years.
- Maximum Age : 27 Years.
- For Age Relaxation Read the Official Notification.
- Admit Card : Click Here
- Exam Date / City Information : Click Here
- Apply Online : Registration / Login
- Instruction : Click Here
- Notification : Click Here
- Official Website : Click Here
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
Government of India
ASSISTANT CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE OFFICER-GRADE-II/ EXECUTIVE EXAMINATION- 2020
Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Grade II/ Executive i.e. ACIO-II/Exe in IB, (Ministry of Home Affairs), Government of India. Applicants are advised to go through all parameters under different paras & sub-paras mentioned below & satisfy themselves about their suitability in terms of age limit, essential qualifications, etc. for the post before applying. Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria of the post, as mentioned below, may apply ONLINE through www.mha.gov.in or www.ncs.gov.in only.
Age limit 18-27 years
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and by 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for departmental candidates’ upto 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular and continuous service.
- The age limit is relaxable up to age of 35 years for general candidates and up to 40 years for SC/ST in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried.
- The age limit is relaxable for ex-servicemen as well as for candidates who were domiciled in J&K from Jan 01, 1980 to
- Dec 31, 1989 as well as the children & dependents of victims of communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat as per the Govt. instructions in this regard issued by the Central Government from time to time.
- The age limit is relaxable up to maximum 5 years to the meritorious sportspersons specified in Para 1 (a) of Do P&AR O.M. No. 14015/1/76-Estt.(D), dtd 4.8.1980. The candidate claiming age relaxation in this category must have the desired certificate in the form & from the authority prescribed in OM under reference. (As per Appendix-3 at the end of advertisement)
- a) The above-mentioned post is not identified suitable for any category of Persons with disabilities/PWD i.e. HH, OH, VH or Autism. Hence, they NEED NOT apply.
- b) The number of vacancies is provisional and liable to change.
- c) Appointment to the post will be temporary. However, appointment in permanent capacity will depend on various factors governing permanent appointment in such post in force at that time.
- d) Successful completion of mandatory induction training is a prerequisite for confirmation to the post.
- e) The eligibility of the candidates in terms of age, educational qualification, caste/category etc. will be determined on the closing date. The candidates must possess essential qualification for the post applied for, on or before the closing date, i.e., the final result must be out on or before the closing date, i.e. 09.01.2021 (till 2359 hours) and he/she must have been declared successful in it.
- f) The reservation of vacancies for OBC, SC, ST, EWS & ExServicemen/ESM is as per rules/roster. If suitable ESM candidates are not available, vacancies reserved for ESM will be filled by nonESM candidates of respective categories.
- g) ESM who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Govt in Group ‘C’ posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to ESM for their re-employment are not eligible for fee concession or for claiming benefits of reservation under ESM category. However, they are eligible for age relaxation.
- h) Serving defence personnel who are due for discharge are required to obtain a certificate as per Appendix-4 at the end of advertisement. Besides, all ESM candidates are required to submit an undertaking, as & when asked for, as per Appendix-5 at the end of advertisement.
- i) While every care has been taken for inclusion of GoI instructions in vogue, IB reserves the right to rectify omissions, if any, noticed subsequently.
. 5. SELECTION OF CANDIDATES:
- a) The candidate has to appear in Tier-I at one of the 3 centre allotted to him/her out of his choice of three cities. There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer. No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question. The questions marked as ‘Mark for Review’ by the candidates will not be considered for evaluation.
- b) In order to achieve qualitative selection & recruit the best available talent, there would be cut-off marks (out of 100) in Tier-I exam as under: UR-35, OBC/EWS-34 & SC/ST-33 (all Ex-servicemen would be treated in their own category viz., UR/EWS/OBC/SC/ST)
- c) On the basis of their performance & normalization of marks in Tier-I exam, candidates would be shortlisted for Tier-II exam at 10 times the number of vacancies, subject to the candidate scoring the minimum cut-off.
- d) On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates would be shortlisted for the Tier-III/Interview @ 5 times the number of vacancies subject to the condition that the candidate secures minimum 33% marks (17 out of 50) in Tier-II exam. Note: Cut-off for Tier-I & Tier-II exam in different categories may go higher depending upon the marks obtained by candidates and number of vacancies.
- e) Based on the combined performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and TierIII/Interview, the candidates would be shortlisted for final selection subject to their Character and Antecedent verification followed by medical examination, etc.
- f) The date, time & centre of Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview would be intimated to the successful candidates by E-mail given by them in online application.
- g) Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview may not be conducted at all centres mentioned in Para 4 above. The department reserves the right to conduct Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview at a centre by clubbing the candidates of nearby centres.
- h) The candidates would be required to adhere to the instructions contained in admit card/call letter of Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview relating to entry/exit, conduct inside the venue, frisking, etc failing which their candidature would be cancelled.
6. Resolution of tie cases: In the event of tie in combined scores of candidates in the Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III, such cases will be resolved by applying following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
a) Marks in Tier-III
b) Marks in Tier-II
c) Normalized Marks in Tier-I
d) Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
e) Alphabetical order of names (starting with first name)
7. HOW TO APPLY:
a) Applications should be submitted only through ONLINE registration by logging on to the website www.mha.gov.in or www.ncs.gov.in. Applications will NOT be accepted through any other mode.
b) Candidates can apply for the post provided they fulfill the prescribed eligibility conditions.
c) The application portal will be operational from 19.12.2020 to 09.01.2021 (till 2359 hours). Registration done, prior to 19.12.2020 and after 09.01.2021, will not be accepted.
d) Wrong information in any column may lead to the application getting rejected altogether.
e) Candidates are advised to register well in time, since the application portal witnesses a surge in number of applications during the run up