Nausena Bharti- Join Indian Navy
Steward, Chef and Hygienists for MR October 2020 Batch Vacancy 2019
- General/ OBC Candidates : Rs. 205/-
- SC/ ST Candidates : Rs. 0/-
- Online Application Start : 23 November 2019
- Last Date For Apply Online : 28 November 2019
- Exam Date :
- Admit Card Available : 28-01-2020
- Download Result : 19-03-2020
- PET Admit Card Available : 22 October 2020
- Merit List : 18 February 2021
- Pay Exam Fee through Net Banking or by using Visa/ Master/ Rupay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI Mode Only.
Physical Eligibility Details
- 1.6 KM Running in : 07 Minutes.
- Squats (Uthak Baithak) : 20 Minutes.
- Push-ups : 10 Times
- Height : 157 CMS (Minimum)
- Chest Minimum Expand : 05 CMS
Pay Scale & Mode Selection
- Pay Scale : As Per Rule
- Selection Process : Selection on the Basic of Written Test, Physical Fitness Test & Medical Standards Test
- Merit List : Chief / Stewards / Hygienists
- PFT Admit Card : Click Here
- Result : Click Here
- Admit Card : Click Here
- Apply Online : Click Here
- Notification Click Here
- Syllabus : Click Here
- Official Website : Click Here
1. Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for 400 vacancies (Approximately) for Matric Recruit (MR) – Oct 2020 batch.
2. Educational Qualifications. Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India.
3. Job Specifications.
(a) Chef. They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
(b) Steward. They would be required to serve food in the officers‟ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
(c) Hygienist. They will be required to clean washroom, shower spaces and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
4. Age. Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 2000 to 30 Sep 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
PAY AND PERQUISITES
5. Pay & Allowances. During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
6. Promotion. Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1,51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation as per entitlement.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per Government orders in force and amended from time to time.
8. Insurance Cover. Insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakhs (on contribution) is admissible for sailors.
9. Selection of recruits is based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
10. Computer-based Examination.
(a) The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
(b) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
c) The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge. (d) The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(e) Duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
(f) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
(g) Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
11. Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
(a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
(b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. Advisory:- Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
12. Medical Standards.
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(b) Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
(c) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
(d) Preliminary Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”. Final Enrolment Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Enrolment Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days. Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to medical examination